Oh hey. :)
I've been wanting to do more tutorials for you guys for a long time now, and even started doing Youtube videos. But honestly, I just can't hack the Youtube life right now. It's sooooo different from what I've been doing. It would take me like 20+ hours to film and edit one video and it wouldn't even turn out the way that I'd hoped. Plus I felt so unnatural talking in them/ kind of sounded like a man half the time. So yeah. Maybe I'll revisit the Youtube realm again one day, but for now I decided I'd try out these pictorials instead! (What's that? Did you just pee yourself from excitement? Same girl, same.)
This knotted ponytail is the easiest thing ever. It takes about two minutes to do and I can't stop wearing it, especially when I want to look like I put in some effort. Ok, let's get started.
1. Curl your hair loosely like I did, or just leave it straight (whatever your preference is!)
2. Separate all of your hair into two equal parts. Feel free to leave small sections of hair out to frame your face like I did.
3. With the two sections of hair, make a knot exactly how you would on the first step of tying your shoe. Pull tight.
4. Make a second knot doing the exact same thing, except start with the side you didn't use last time. Pull tight.
5. Secure the end with an elastic. Pull out each section gentle until you are happy with the result. You can also opt to not pull out the sections and it will look like THIS.
6. To hide the elastic, wrap a small section of hair around the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin on the inside of the ponytail.
And there you have it!! Easiest knotted ponytail that seriously takes about two minutes to do, and no braiding skills are necessary. Hope you'll try it out and let me know what you think! xoxo